There are as many ways to create a business plan structure as there are types of businesses in existence. The structure of your business plan, in fact, will depend on a number of factors. For instance, what kind of business you are operating. If you plan to start a food truck start-up, for example, having an operational strategy or even an industry analysis might not make much sense. Here are some general guidelines to follow:
- Develop a comprehensive market analysis with recent and comprehensive market data.
- Develop a thorough list of products and services with corresponding pricing that you will offer.
- Assess the target market
- Develop a detailed 5 year growth strategy
- Develop a detailed profile of direct competitors, competitive analysis, and competitive strategy.
- Develop a detailed marketing plan
- Develop a 5 year financial plan with monthly detail in Year 1 and quarterly detail in Year 2-5.
Business plan structure is the framework of how your business plan will be organized and planned strategically. These are core elements that should exist within every business plan. If you want more information on business plan structure basics, give us a call at Capital West Advisors. The leaders in the business plan writing industry, we can tell you exactly what your business plan requires based on your needs and can help you develop it. Call us today at (888) 300-3090 for a free consultation.