If you have a great idea for a video game and need to raise capital or a roadmap for the company’s success, you will need a video game business plan or video game executive summary. These days there is a wide range of distribution channels for video games including mobile applications, Internet, console games, and computer. If the video game will require substantial development and is at its early stages, the prudent process will probably be to develop an executive summary with a financial summary and budget to raise a 1st round of capital; then, a full business plan and financial plan to raise a 2nd round of capital to take the product to market. A video game business plan would be approximately 40 pages in length. A video game (extended) executive summary would be approximately 10-12 pages in length. Depending on your idea, development time and cost can vary substantially. A few things to consider when starting a video game business include the following:
- Which video games on the market have a similar theme or story to your video game and how does your video game differ?
- How graphic intensive will your video game be?
- How simplistic is the design of the game?
- What size of a staff of programmers and how much time will be needed to develop this video game?
- Which channels will you distribute your video game to?
If you are not an experienced business plan writer and financial planner, you might want professional assistance. Capital West Advisors can help you with your video game business plan. Contact us at (888) 300-3090 for a free consultation